I finished the assembly table a few weeks back, but I never posted about it because I was busy with work and all that. I also didn't really take a lot of pictures because I was more interested in just getting it done.
I had bought my clamp fixtures for the second set of 5 foot clamps that I needed last July when I was working on the table. It took me a long time to get the pipes, and I somehow managed to score the two pieces of pipe for free. With all the pipe clamps I needed, I was able to assemble the frame for the table and get it all together.
Considering that I left the top out in the elements too, I'm surprised it was still as flat as it was. Sealing the bottom of the top with spar varnish was a very good idea. I topped it with Masonite, used some pine from a leftover board I had to edge it out, and got it all assembled, sanded, and slid over to its final resting place in my garage.
As a happy plus, I now have a place for my sander that isn't on the floor. The one downside is that the table doesn't have casters, but that was more by design. I wanted to have something that was solid to the ground so I could hammer on it and not have it slide around. It seems to work great. I already used the table to put together a picture frame and the slightly lower height and the pretty flat surface made putting everything together easy.
I really need to stop taking so long to finish my projects. Now that Nadine and I have been cleaning out the patio in the house and finally making some room, I have a chance to start putting in the furniture I want. I just have to design and build all of it.