The top is constructed out of a double layer of 3/4" MDF. I then topped it with a piece of 3/16" masonite. I oversized the masonite and then used my flush trim bit on my router to trim it perfect. I learned my lesson with that when I built my storage cabinets and bench when I tried to size the masonite perfectly. I struggled as normal trimming out the top with pine since my mitering skills suck. I'm thinking I just need more practice with it.
I installed the magnetic catches for the doors so they stay closed, and then put on the casters. I'm seriously questioning the logic of Home Depot's caster selection. I wanted two total locking casters and two regular casters -- they have total locking casters but no equivalent non-locking swivel casters. I had to resort to a couple conventional casters with brakes and two regular swivel casters. It doesn't lock down as solidly as I want, but it's solid enough.
|It's all together, and it rolls around well.|
I think that I can get the coats of finish on tomorrow and then work on filling up the cabinet with my assembly tools, nailers, and other stuff. With this done, I have to think about building an upgraded miter saw stand. After that, I'll try and clear up more space in the garage so that I can have room to build some other things for my room. I have a bookcase and my nightstand to make, so I have to pick up some wood for that. Of course, now that I have a home for my planer, rough hardwood lumber is probably in my future so I can build something using some decent wood and I can try my hand at making something using materials other than what I can get at the borgs.
|It's like my router table's little brother.|