After cutting parts yesterday, I realized I made a really stupid mistake and cut some of my stretchers before I did a good inventory of my parts. So, I ended up without a bottom stretcher for my cabinet. While I'm a bit irritated by that, I know that I have to buy some more 3/4" plywood anyway, so I can just make another stretcher with a scrap from that. The nice thing is that both of my cabinets are square, so my cutting skills have gotten better.
I went out to Home Depot tonight and got a couple more clamps so I'll be able to put together my drawers. I also picked up a beam level so I can level out my cabinets. I was originally going to use leveling feet for my cabinet, but I figured I'd do it the old fashioned way and use shims. I also figured that 12 shims cost $2...leveling feet cost a bit more than that, and I'm not going to need 12 shims to level out my cabinet, I hope. If I do, then my garage floor is definitely more uneven than I thought.
I've made my materials list to finish out the cabinets, so with some luck, I'll be able to get this done by the end of next week. Then I can work on organizing my garage and getting stuff cleaned up. Then I'll have at least something I can kind of call a workshop.
|Cabinet #2...just have to build the internal parts.|
Like always, I really wish there were more time in the day so I could actually get projects done...